Now for a bit of bad news: Windows Media Player in Windows 10 can’t play DVDs. That news comes as a bit of a shock, considering the Windows 7 Media Player could play DVDs. What gives?
By the way, neither Microsoft’s app nor VLC offers direct support for DVD discs. There are some VLC add-ons that may work, but setup can be tricky, and not all of them are able to play DRM-protected discs.
Fortunately, there’s a free option that works quite well:Dimo Video Converter Ultimate. (It supports Blu-rays as well, meaning you can skip VLC.) It’s a pretty basic player, and rest assured Leawo will try to sell you software products at every turn. But if you’re looking for a free Blu-ray player that supports pretty much all versions of Windows, this is the one.If you are Mac User,Here is Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate (Win/Mac):
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi … 140_4-77472903.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo … imate/nsyrihrb.html
- Softpedia Download: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mul … rter-Ultimate.shtml
- windows7download: http://www.windows7download.com/ … imate/bpphgnww.html
How to rip DVD in Windows 10
Step 1: Load DVD movies
Insert the DVD disc to the external Blu-ray drive and click the “Add DVD” button to add the Blu-ray movies you want to convert. Note that you can also add DVD ISO/IFO files.
Step 2: Choose output video format
Click Format bar and you’ll see the format list below. Simply select one you prefer as the output format.
Tips: The Windows 10 DVD Ripper offers various output formats for different purposes. If you want to convert DVD to play with Windows Media Player, WMV format should be the best output option. If you want to transfer Blu-ray movies to play on iPhone or iPad, there are also optimized presets for them. If you are fond of watching DVD movies on PSP, Xbox or some other game devices, then you can choose the corresponding model of your devices as the target format. Just remember that the output choices are not limited to one kind.
Step 3. Start ripping
When everything is done, click “Start” to begin ripping your DVD movie in Windows 10 and let the software do the rest for you. When the conversion completes, click Open to get the ripped videos and play them anywhere you like.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate:
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Windows is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 PCs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 PCs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; ConvertBlu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
- Tutorial on Converting 2D Video/Blu-ray/DVD to 3D Format
- How Can I Watch 3D Blu-ray Movies on Google Cardboard with iphone?
- How to Transfer and Rip DVD movies to TiVo on Windows 10
- Download video from Facebook as MP4 on Mac/PC with Ease
- How to Play Game of Thrones Season 6 Blu-ray on macOS Sierra
- Vimeo Video Downloader – Download Any SD/HD/4K Vimeo Videos
- Easily Convert 3D Blu-ray to SBS 3D MP4 on Mac/PC
- How to Backup Blu-Ray to Digital Copy For Sharing